Friday, July 2, 2010

Back at it...again!!

This is almost the story of my athletic/fitness career....back at it :)

After a few fruitless months of barbell lifting, crossfitting, etc I have re-committed myself to the Program Minimum and ETK. Kicked things off on Friday morning for some face the wall squats, halo's and pumps and then 12 minutes of swings and jogging. Finished with 8 rounds for 160 swings.

Day 2 was this morning with the same warm-up with 5 minutes of Get-ups. Finished with 5 on each arm.

This program is amazingly simple and doable. Upto 25 minutes twice a week and another 2 x 15 minute sessions is very achievable. The times that I have felt great have been on the PM. I'm not giving myself a time limit. Will just evaluate it on a week by week basis.

The goal is to get back under 80kgs. This means at least an 8 kg weight/fat loss and potentially 10 kgs. I'll supplement the PM with some running, swimming and MTB'ing. Weighing up the option to purchase a road bike via a repayment scheme through work ATM. Given that we are moving in a couple of weeks and will be a lot closer to work, I will be able to allocate a bit more time to training/athletic goals. Will have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment