Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday 5/12/09

Today was a clean & press and snatch test day. The intention was to attempt as many clean & presses with the 24kg KB and then perform a 5 min snatch test with the 16kg.

Started off with some swings, C&P's, and get-ups with the 16kg. This was followed by loaded cleans with the 24kg. A pretty good warmup and I was feeling good.

I tested the left arm C&P and ended up with 1 (well 1 and a half actually). The right hand resulted in 2. It is fairly evident that I require a bit more C&P work if I am to progress to the pressing half your body weight goal.

The snatch test went reasonably well but for the fact that I didn't do it exactly as stipulated in the ETK manual. The snatch test listed in the book calls for the lifter to maintain a grip on the kettlebell at all times. Suffice to say I put it down when changing hands. So if I was to go by the rules I would have only ended up with 10 but as it were I completed 100. This was my goal as I figured I could peel off 10 per hand in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment